Childhood cancer does not have a face until it is someone you love. Every year around the globe there are more than 400,000 children aged 0-19 diagnosed with cancer. It is not simply one disease, there are sixteen major types with hundreds of subtypes. Tragically there are thousands more children that are never diagnosed and never given the opportunity for treatment. It is devastating that every two minutes, somewhere in the world a family hears the painful and life altering words that their child has been diagnosed with cancer.
Did you know?
- 95% of children who survive cancer suffer long-term effects
- 80% of children who survive cancer will have severe or life-threatening conditions.
- Childhood cancer does not discriminate any child can get it.
- Childhood cancer is globally grossly underfunded.
- The incident rate of childhood cancer is increasing.
- The cause of most childhood cancer is still unknown, there are no preventions.
- 80,000 Children die from cancer every year.
- Brain Cancer is the largest childhood cancer killer globally